Free Insurance Quotes
Get Free Insurance Quotes Online
Auto Health Home Life Travel
   Filing Claims
   Company Ratings
Filing Travel Insurance Claims

All Claims should be reported to your respective insurance company. All companies have 24- hour claim or assistance call centers. Some companies provide claim forms online or via email. Claims are paid by the insurance company and/or the administrator directly.

You will be required to submit certain information in the event you need to file a claim. It includes, but is not limited to, the following:
  • Trip Cancellation/Interruption Claims:
    • Any appropriate documentation that officially explains the cause of your trip cancellation or interruption. Any explanation of diagnosis along with your original itemized bills, receipts, and proof of other insurance payments
    • Original unused tickets, copies of invoices, proof of payments, and other documents that substantiate the cost or occurrence of the trip cancellation or interruption
    • Documentation of refunds received from the travel supplier(s) and/or Common Carrier(s)
    • Copy of the supplier's literature that describes penalties
    • A letter from the tour operator or an itemized bill from the travel agent stating the non-refundable amounts of the trip costs

  • Emergency Hospital and Medical Claims:
    • Any explanation of diagnosis(es) along with your original itemized bills, receipts, and proof of other insurance payment(s)

  • Baggage Insurance Claim/Baggage Delay Claims:
    • Original claim determination from the Common Carrier, if applicable.
    • Original police report or other report of local authorities
    • Original receipts and list of stolen, lost or damaged items
    • Proof of loss providing amount of loss, date, time and cause of loss
    • Proof from the Common Carrier that personal baggage was delayed or misdirected for at least 24 hours (in case of Baggage Delay Claims)

  • Travel Delay Claims:
    • Original police, Common Carrier or other report that verifies the cause and duration of the delay

  • Travel Accident Claims:
    • Copy of death certificate

  • Trip Inconvenience Claims:
    • If admitted to a hospital, hospital billing records
    • If the victim of a felonious assault or involved in a car accident, an original police report
    • If passport is lost or stolen, a receipt from the consulate proving paid application for a new passport
    • If sporting equipment checked with a Common Carrier is delayed for more than 24 hours, supporting documentation from the Common Carrier

  • Missed Connection Claims:
    • Original Common Carrier report that verifies the cause and duration of the delay

  • Collision/Loss Damage Claims:
    • Original police report
    • Original rental car agreement
    • An itemized statement of repairs for the rental vehicle (unless the Company's adjuster has seen the car)

  • Flight Insurance Claims:
    • Copy of death certificate

About  |  Advertise  |  Glossary  |  Resources  |  Privacy  |  Unsubscribe  |  Contact
© 2023 All rights reserved.